Glenmore Yoga 200-Hour Program is designed for aspiring teachers and students of yoga who wish to deepen their yoga practice. Our mission is to provide each yoga teacher-in-training with the foundation to teach therapeutically and skillfully with compassion. This program is designed to meet the standards of Yoga Alliance, allowing our graduates to nationally register as a 200-hour yoga teacher.
Our trademark is a strong emphasis on the therapeutic benefits of Yoga, focusing on the needs of the individual. Participants will learn breathing and meditation techniques, teaching methods, contraindications for various postures, and how to design and teach an appropriately sequenced yoga class. Students who complete the 200-Hour Program will have the knowledge and confidence to begin teaching while deepening their own practice and understanding of yoga.
The 200 Hour Glenmore Yoga Teacher Training Program meets Yoga Alliance’s requirements for 200-hour registration including:
- Yoga Philosophy and Lifestyle
- Theory and Practice of Asana
- Yoga Anatomy and Physiology
- Introduction to Ayurveda
- Pranayama – Science of Breath
- Introduction to Meditation
- Teaching Yoga on Zoom
- Teaching Methodology, Ethics and Business of Yoga
The program is held at Glenmore Yoga and Wellness Center and consists of 16 Weekend Training Modules. The program may be completed in eight months or up to 2 years. The modules are held two weekends in September and one weekend each month from October through March. Each weekend consists of a Saturday program from 10:30 am – 6:30 pm and a Sunday program from 10:00 am – 6:00 pm and the second weekend in September will be an online module via zoom. Each class will include experiential practice, lecture, discussion and demonstrations. The 200-Hour program is made up of 180 hours in contact with the faculty and staff and 40+ hours of independent study including reading and completing study guides for each Training Module and a practicum which includes 15 class observations, 3 class critiques, and the opportunity to design a yoga class to teach to a group of your choice.
Students who complete the 200 Hour teacher training program will:
- Qualify to register with Yoga Alliance at the 200-hour level.
- Deepen their practice and understanding of yoga.
- Have the ability and confidence to design and teach a balanced, cohesive class.
- Acquire knowledge of yoga philosophy, yoga anatomy, asana, breathing and meditation techniques.
- Have the knowledge to build asanas from the foundation up and modify asanas to accommodate contraindications.
200-Hour Training Modules
Required Modules (All modules are scheduled to be in person except Ayurveda and Teaching on Zoom will be online)
- Yoga Philosophy and Lifestyle – September 11 & 12, 2021
- Introduction to Ayurveda – September 25, 2021 online via zoom
- Teaching on Zoom – September 26, 2021 online via zoom
- Pranayama – October 16, 2021
- Meditation – October 17, 2021
- Yoga Anatomy for the Upper Body – November 6 & 7, 2021
- Yoga Anatomy for the Lower Body – December 4 & 5, 2021
- Asana 1 – January 8 & 9, 2022
- Asana 2, – February 5 & 6, 2022
- Teaching Methodology, Ethics and Business of Yoga – March 5 & 6, 2022 (Prerequisite is completion of Yoga Anatomy & Asana Modules)
Join us for our 18th year of offering this 200 hour program!